Did You Know?
Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Week is February 16th- 23rd and National RAK day is February 17th!
The goal of RAK Week is to promote positive change in families, schools, the workplace, and society through kindness. Participate by performing a simple gesture to positively impact someone else’s day.
The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation encourages people to follow six kindness concepts when selecting an action:
So, follow those guidelines and do something kind every day this week! Remember, small acts of kindness go a long way. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Smile at everyone you see
- Talk to someone new
- Express gratitude to co-workers
- Compliment as many people as you can
- Give appreciation notes to your family or friends
Challenge yourself on RAK DAY, February 17, 2020 to take your kindness efforts to the next level! Increase your impact by serving your community. Check out these examples:
- Volunteer at a local organization
- Pay for someone else’s groceries/gas
- Write a letter thanking a civic leader
- Pick up litter in your neighborhood
- Take clean clothes, shoes, or food to a shelter
There is so much more you can do! Use your imagination and get creative in kindness!
If you would like more inspiration, information or resources, please visit: https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/